1) 'We' or 'us' means DW Hampshire Ltd
2) 'Hirer', 'customer', 'customers' means the person who hires or agrees to hire equipment or items from DW Hampshire Ltd
3) 'Equipment' means any test equipment, accessories or items that the customer pays to hire or purchase from DW Hampshire Ltd
4) Delivery will be made by us to the address designated by the customer when ordering.
5) Any delivery dates or times given by DW Hampshire Ltd or our carriers are best estimates only and we will not be liable to customers or any third party for any claim for direct or consequential loss or damage sustained by customers or third parties as a result of a failure to comply with our estimated time scales.
6) Under no circumstances will late delivery entitle the hirer to a refund.
7) DW Hampshire Ltd do not accept any responsibility for any loss or inconvenience caused if equipment hired from us is unsuitable , damaged or arrives late.
8) On delivery of our equipment the customer will inspect it and check for any damage, defects or missing items before using the hired equipment. If any damage, defects or missing items are found the customer will notify DW Hampshire Ltd promptly and in respect of damage or defects will not use the equipment. In this situation DW Hampshire Ltd will arrange a replacement or refund.
9) DW Hampshire Ltd will hire the equipment described for the rates and period agreed. DW Hampshire Ltd can terminate the hire agreement at any time.
10) The minimum hire period for PAT Testers, is seven consecutive days. Saturday, Sunday or any bank holiday that falls within this seven day period is included as part of the hire period. Where customers have finished using our equipment and notify us that it ready for collection in less than seven days no refund will be given for early return.
11) The hirer may not extend the agreed hire period unless prior notice by email is given to DW Hampshire Ltd and a hire extension is agreed. Where an extension is agreed a daily hire charge will be made. The daily charge will be the initial cost of the equipment hire divided by seven. For example a PAT tester hired for a week at £65.00 will be charged at £9.29 per day after the initial seven day hire period.
12) Should notice not be given to DW Hampshire Ltd any unauthorised extended hire period will be charged in complete weeks until the hired equipment is returned to our premises. Any period less than one week will be treated as full week for billing purposes.
13) Charges for extending the hire period will either be deducted from the customers deposit or charged to the credit/debit card that they used to hire the equipment.
14) By giving us credit/debit card details for the hire you agree that DW Hampshire Ltd can recover any extended, outstanding, overdue hire charges or failed payments without further notice.
15) The hire period commences on the day after the equipment is delivered to the address designated by the customer.
16) The hire period ends on the day the customer notifies DW Hampshire Ltd that the equipment is ready for collection. This may be done by phone or email.
17) Return of our equipment is either by courier collection or by dropping the parcel off at a collection point once DW Hampshire Ltd have provided the customer with a pre paid postage label. Once the customer has informed DW Hampshire Ltd that our equipment is ready for return then it must be available for courier collection the following working day. Where the customer chooses to drop the equipment off at a collection point this must be the next working day and the customer must obtain a receipt. If the customer misses courier collection or does not drop the equipment off at a collection point on the next working day additional days hire will be charged. If the customer chooses to return our equipment by dropping it off at a parcel shop and is unable to produce a receipt in the event of the equipment going missing the customer will be charged the full cost of new replacement equipment.
18) Once returned to DW Hampshire Ltd the hired equipment will be inspected as soon as is reasonably practicable and any missing items will be charged at the manufacturer's recommended retail price. This may be deducted from the customers deposit or charged to the credit or debit card that they used to pay for the equipment hire. Where the cost of damage or missing items exceeds the customers deposit the credit/debit card used to hire equipment from us will be charged with any additional amounts due.
19) Once the hired equipment has been returned and inspected and found to be in it's original condition without any missing items the customers deposit will be refunded.
20) Customers agree not to hold DW Hampshire Ltd responsible for any injury or death of persons or loss and damage to persons and property.
21) The customer is responsible for their own PAT testing. DW Hampshire Ltd do not accept any responsibility for any testing carried out by persons using equipment hired from us.
22) When customers hire downloadable testers from us DW Hampshire Ltd do not accept any responsibility for corruption or loss of data that occurs on our equipment.
23) Customers agree to use our equipment in a proper manner and not to subject our equipment to misuse or any unfair wear and tear.
24) Customers agree to keep any equipment hired from DW Hampshire Ltd safe and in good condition.
25) The hirer will be responsible for all equipment hired from DW Hampshire Ltd and it will not offer for sale, sell, hire, dispose, lend, pledge or otherwise part with the possession of any equipment hired.
26) The customer agrees to indemnify DW Hampshire Ltd in respect of any damage or loss that cannot be accounted for as fair wear and tear. Initially any such damage or loss will be deducted from the customers deposit. Where the cost of replacement or repair will exceed the customers deposit the credit/debit card that they used to hire equipment from us will be charged.
27) The customer will follow any manufacturers instructions supplied with the equipment. They will also observe any necessary regulations and laws when using our equipment.
28) The customer is responsible for making sure that the person using the hired equipment is competent and safe to use the equipment.
29) The customer will immediately inform DW Hampshire Ltd if the hired equipment becomes faulty during use and will not continue to use it.
30) The customer will observe all of the instructions, user guides, warnings, safety notices and other regulations that may be issued for the proper use of the hired equipment. Customers shall be entirely responsible for any damage caused to equipment through failing to observe any instructions, user guides, warnings, safety notices and other regulations.
31) The customer will notify DW Hampshire Ltd in the event of any loss, damage or theft to the hire equipment however caused. If the unit is damaged, the hirer will be responsible for paying DW Hampshire Ltd the reasonable costs for repairs including labour and calibration charges for any damaged equipment.
32) Customers will not remove or deface any manufacturers identification labels including serial numbers and any other labels and markings including calibration labels fixed to the equipment.
© DW (HAMPSHIRE) LTD-All Rights Reserved | Registered in England and Wales Company Number 10107871
Special offers and promotions.
We have a range of easy to use PAT Testers that we are able to hire at competitive rates. All of our testers are supplied in a tough transport case complete with test leads and a copy of the latest calibration certificate.
Hire Terms & Conditions